A simple extension that makes reading Wikipedia articles more convenient.
When reading how often do you have to open an additional cross-article just to glimpse quickly at the meaning of a term you do not know?
Now with Wikipedia Quick Hints getting definitions of unknown terms has become as simple as just hovering the cursor over a respective link. The definition pops up automatically. Images zooming is another useful feature of the extension.
See screenshots for example.
Please rate if you find it useful. Comment if you have questions, find bugs or have ideas for improvements.
In version 2.2.0
– Adjusted to new Wikipedia article structure. Bug fixes.
In version 2.1.7
– Fixed image zooming issue.
In version 2.1.6
– HTTPS pages support.
– new extension versioning.
In version 2.15
– new setting – hide question marks.
– minor improvement.
In version 2.1
– new feature – image thumbnails inside definition popup.
– quick little bug fix.
In version 2.0
– new feature – hints within another hint popup;
– settings page simplified;
– several bugs fixed.
In version 1.46
– fixed number of bugs.
In version 1.45:
– added new option to enable/disable images zooming.
In version 1.42:
– fixed several minor bugs.
In version 1.4:
– pressing Esc now closes the image preview popup;
– get definitions without using a hotkey, just hover the link;
– notifications about new features;
In version 1.3:
– restructuring and code improvements;
– icons change;
– some bugs with the hint position;
In version 1.2:
– fixed several bugs;
– added quick pictures zoom option.
*** ATTENTION ***
Due to the changes Wikepedia developers made to the structure of the articles WikipediaQuickHints had a lot of problems with getting correct definition and hence in most cases poped up useless "Can not get definition for this term …" message. Please report the problems so that I could fix problematic places.
Thank you for using it! 🙂