UPDATE for February 10, 2018
* Upgraded to chrome.storage from localStorage.
* Sprucemarks is in maintenance mode. No new features are planned. Just bug fixes if needed.
• Save your options once and forget about it. Sprucemarks will automatically keep everything organized going forward.
• Group folders together or have them mix in with the bookmarks around them.
• Organize your Bookmarks Bar, Other Bookmarks, and/or Mobile Bookmarks. Each area and its sub folders can have a preferred sorting order or even none at all.
• Totally free and open source. No adware here. https://github.com/ForestMist/sprucemarks
NOTE for sort by date users. Importing bookmarks will result in Chrome tagging them with the date they were imported. This may lead to your bookmarks showing up in a seemingly arbitrary sort order. This does not effect new bookmarks you add directly through Chrome or other sort methods though.