The Sourcegraph extension will add go-to-definition, find-references, hover tooltips, and code search to all GitHub files and Pull Requests.
By default, the extension will add code intelligence and code search to public repositories. The extension can be configured to work on private code by connecting it to a Sourcegraph Server instance that has code intelligence.
After you install it, view some code on GitHub and mouse over some symbols:
* Go: https://github.com/gorilla/mux/blob/master/mux.go
* Java: https://github.com/google/guava/blob/master/guava/src/com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.java
* TypeScript: https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/master/modules/%40angular/benchpress/src/reporter/console_reporter.ts
* Python: https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition/blob/master/examples/facerec_on_raspberry_pi.py
Here's what people are saying about Sourcegraph:
– "It's already my favorite online doc tool. give it a try" – @edapx
– "Sourcegraph has been quickly moving up in priority in my Chrome bookmarks. You need to check out this tool." – @goinggodotnet
– "Loving Sourcegraph.com to find documentation and real code examples" – @IndianGuru
– "Being able to search actual open source code is amazing. Very very fast as well! Sourcegraph is blowing my mind right now." – @joshtaylor
– "Sourcegraph is amazing" – Jakub W.
– "Sourcegraph is an essential tool for every Gopher." – @nimolix
– "Impressive #golang code navigation by Sourcegraph!" – @francesc