The Sourcegraph extension adds code intelligence to GitHub and Phabricator: hovers, documentation, definitions, and references in files, pull requests, and diffs.
It works automatically for open-source code in 19 languages on GitHub.com. To use it with your private code on GitHub.com, GitHub Enterprise, or Phabricator, see https://about.sourcegraph.com/docs/features/browser-extension.
Try it out on these open-source code files after installation:
* Go: https://github.com/gorilla/mux/blob/master/mux.go
* Java: https://github.com/google/guava/blob/master/guava/src/com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.java
* TypeScript: https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/master/modules/%40angular/benchpress/src/reporter/console_reporter.ts
* Python: https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition/blob/master/examples/facerec_on_raspberry_pi.py
Here's what people are saying about Sourcegraph:
– "It's already my favorite online doc tool. give it a try" – @edapx
– "Sourcegraph has been quickly moving up in priority in my Chrome bookmarks. You need to check out this tool." – @goinggodotnet
– "Loving Sourcegraph.com to find documentation and real code examples" – @IndianGuru
– "Being able to search actual open source code is amazing. Very very fast as well! Sourcegraph is blowing my mind right now." – @joshtaylor
– "Sourcegraph is amazing" – Jakub W.
– "Sourcegraph is an essential tool for every Gopher." – @nimolix
– "Impressive #golang code navigation by Sourcegraph!" – @francesc