* Stay informed with your daily browsing data in a New Tab
* Get nudged via in-built Push Notifications when you lose focus and start visiting websites you declare unproductive
* Keeping tab of your total online working hours
How to use
1. Every time you open a New Tab on Chrome, you’ll see your browsing stats
2. Use the Button "Add Browsing Alert" for website(s) you think are unproductive for you, where you end up spending more time than you want or need. Few ex. are Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, etc. When you cross the daily usage limit of the website(s) you declared unproductive, Rooster nudges you via Push Notifications. Here’s a Demo video: https://youtu.be/mu0ktytoAhc
3. Keep tab of your total online working hours via the Total Time Logged capsule for the day.
Q. Why Push Notifications?
A. We believe that blocking websites doesn’t work. Mostly because it’s a habit that we’re fighting against. We cannot change habits in a single day / week / month. It takes time to form a new habit and a lot more to break one.
Habits are not changed by stopping / blocking what you’re currently addicted to doing. Instead, what has worked for many, is slowly doing different things on top of what they're already habituated to do. That’s what we want to accomplish with Rooster. And that’s why we are giving the option to nudge yourself via Push Notifications rather than blocking websites altogether.
Q. What about my Privacy?
A. As mentioned above, we save your data locally and we don't have access to your data at all. So there's no way for us to sell or use your data in any form. And even if we change the product-mechanism in future, we'll notify you first. That's our promise!
Q. What if I have some feedback?
A. You can reach out to us to our mailing address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Makers twitter: https://twitter.com/KishanRajdev
Tweets by sankalpdomore