Start speed reading and you'll be able to read books twice, three or even four times faster than you used to read!
Reedy uses a technique called RSVP (Rapid Serial Visual Presentation) allowing you to read with any comfortable speed. Words are shown fast one after another on the same place of the screen which increases the speed of perception of every single word. With RSVP you can read being entirely absorbed into a book.
HOW TO USE
• Select the text on the page;
• Click the right button and choose Reedy. You can also use the shortcut «Alt+S» while the text is selected.
Also you can launch Reedy without text selection. Just press Alt+S and hover your mouse over the block containing the text you want to read. The block will be highlighted in green. Click to start reading.
• Alt+S – launch Reedy (this shortcut can be customized);
• Space (or Enter) – play/pause;
• Right/Left – next/previous word;
• Ctrl+Right/Left – next/previous sentence (you can also use the mouse wheel);
• End/Home – go to the end/beginning;
• Up/Down – increase/decrease the speed;
• +/- – larger/smaller font size;
• Esc – close Reedy.
v2.2 (July 10, 2015)
— Better way to initialize the extension – now Reedy works right after its installation or update, without the need to reload a page with text.
— Support of frames is improved.
— Hyphenation of long words works better (btw, URLs aren’t being splitted now).
Due to numerous requests added the ability to customize the colors, the type and style of the font.
— PDF support (if it isn’t copy protected).
— Specially for our friends from Poland who use Alt+S to print Polish «ś» we added the opportunity to customize this shortcut.
— Progress bar.
— Time left indicator.
— Gradual acceleration.
— Ability to choose the text to read without selection.
— New pop-up menu.
v1.0 – 1.3
— Gap between sentences.
— Major improvements in the text processing system.
— Improved readability when using transparent background.
— Hyphenation of long words.
Reedy for Android