AdRemover for Google Chrome uses the code of Adblock for Chrome under GPL, but with enhanced adblocking, tracking protection and bitcoin mining protection. We gained millions of users through trust and perfect adblocking performance. It doesn't default allow some ads to show, we switched off this feature. 100% adblocking.
It works automatically: Just click "Add to Chrome," then visit your favorite website and see the ads disappear!
Tested by Raymonds Tech Ressources
– Performance Test – Tracker Protection
5% faster average loadtimes against Adguard
– Performance Test – Adblock
90% faster average loadtimes in comparison to no Adblock software at all
2% faster average loadtimes in comparison to Superblock – Adblocker
5% faster average loadtimes in comparison to Adguard – Adblocker
62% less peak cpu usage in in comparison to Adblock Pro
12% less peak cpu usage in in comparison to Superblock – Adblocker and Adguard – Adblocker
As fast as Adblock Pro, Simply Block Ads! and Adblock Super, but with additional blocked trackers.
• Reviews – Magazines/Blogs
"On par with other adblocker software" – MediumTech
"Default filterlists work fine on this adblocker" – FrugalLiving
"Some missing features, but easy to use adblocker" – FrugalLiving
"Slower than uBlock but more intuitive interface" – Zing
• Reviews – Users
Jowanna S. – ★★★★★
"Nice adblocker! Highly recommended for chrome users!"
Cecilia – ★★★★★
"Excellent!! Blocked all the unwanted & irritating pop ups! Never without Adblock."
Patricia D. – ★★★★★
"Not pestered by anymore unwanted ads. Great app. The best adblocker."
Alden D. – ★★★★★
"I love AdRemover Adblocker. It's brilliant! It's also the best. No more ads. User other adblocker but this is good."
– Adremoval on all websites.
– Malware and Adware blocking.
– Performance enhancement in browsing speed.
– Removal of ads, banners and pre-rolls on Youtube.
– No more Banner, PopUp, PopUnder, Overlay or Intermediate Ads.
– Removal of "Anti-Adblock" banners or detectors.
– Automatic updates for adblock filterlists
– Integrated Popup Blocker
– No more Youtube Ads
• Beneftis of ad blocking:
– Faster browsing.
– Lower memory and cpu usage.
– Way lower bandwith usage, perfect if you use a metered plan.
– Most importantly, save time by not looking at ads all day!
With AdRemover, most ads aren't even downloaded at all. So you can focus on enjoying the content you want, and spend less time waiting for it.
AdRemover requires no personal information to run, and doesn't monitor your browsing. Want to allow ads on certain sites you love? No problem. AdRemover makes whitelisting a snap. AdRemover removes YouTube video ads before you see them. Just press play.
To take adblock to take effect, please reload your open tabs and windows.
• Disclaimer: This extension is not affiliated or related in any way. GPLv3 Code from Adblock [gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom] is used and stated in the source code.
Open Source Code used in this extension: Base Template of Adblock for Chrome, Popup Blocker inspired by Pop up blocker for Chrome™ – Poper Blocker, Banner Implementation of Adblock Pro, User Statistics of the original Adblock for Chrome before switch to Adblock Plus code, Google Analytics shared code of our other extension Superblock – Adblocker and Adblocker by Superblock, filterlist-extension of uBlock Plus, Popup Code by Adguard Adblocker, statistics from Fair Adblocker.
We switched the filterlists to our own infrastructure and will follow this path more and more to provide more independence. Feel free to give us feedback for added filterlists and changes. Thank you.
• Tutorial: Google displays this message on installation "Read and change all your data on the websites that you visit". This is a standard message, but Adremover for Google Chrome will never read or interact with your browsing experience. We just remove ads. For free.
188.8.131.52 – GPL Version of Adblock for Chrome (now just "Adblock")
184.108.40.206 – Removal of tracking code and statistics. Design changes and optimized adblocking code.
220.127.116.11 – Namechange from "Adblocker and AdRemover" to "AdRemover for Google Chrome".
18.104.22.168 – Evaluation of uBlock Origin / uBlock Orginal code for adblocking engine switch. Only for testers.
22.214.171.124 – Banner, Icons and Design changes to bugfix minor annoyences reported by users.
126.96.36.199 – Filterlist caching.
188.8.131.52 – Extended default adblocking filterlists
– "Anti Adblock Killer" by "reek" – https://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/
– "Adblock Warning Removal List" by "Easylist" – https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/antiadblockfilters.txt
– "Adguard's Annoyance List" by "Adguard" – https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters#adguard-filters
– "Adguard Spyware Filters" by "Adguard" – https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters#adguard-filters
– "Adguard Base Filters" by "Adguard" – https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters#adguard-filters
– "Peter Lowe's Ad and tracking server list" – by "Peter Lowe" – https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/
184.108.40.206 – Bugfixes for new filterlists.
220.127.116.11 – Asking for reviews in the popup. We gained massive amounts of 5 stars. Thank you.
18.104.22.168 – Filterengine update for changes on youtube, facebook and weibo.
22.214.171.124 – Bugfixes
Versions are not incremental, because we use internal builds.